Latest information from H-BRS on the coronavirus
Students and employees receive information on the situation regarding the new coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 via this page, which will be updated regularly.
Last Updated: 9 July 2021
Cautious Outlook towards the Winter Semester 21/22
You are probably wondering about lectures in the next winter semester. As the President’s office, we have had many discussions about this in the past few weeks, both inside and outside the university, for example with politicians and associations. We have lobbied for a university vaccination campaign through the state rectors' conference.
There are now enough appointments available through the vaccination centers (“Impfzentren“) without prioritization. If you have not yet received a Corona vaccination, you can register for an appointment at the following address: https://termin.corona-impfung.nrw/home
For lectures, we anticipate a return of face-to-face teaching in the winter semester and look forward to be at the university. However, we also anticipate that spacing rules may apply, so that some lectures will continue to take place online. The organization of such a partial presence is not easy, since a time gap is necessary when switching from face-to-face to online teaching on the same day, because you do not necessarily live right next to the university. The departments are working on solutions, giving preference to students who so far have spent little time at the university.
Information about your study program will be available from your department. Planning is still subject to change, both for the positive, if a high vaccination rate is achieved, and for the negative, if mutations reinforce the pandemic again.
I wish you every success for the upcoming exams and hope to see you at the university in the winter semester,
With kind regards
Prof. Dr. Marco Winzker
Vice President for Teaching, Learning and Further Education
News available in English language
- 16 June Masks no longer obligatory on outdoor grounds of H-BRS
- 11 April Service and opening hours during the Corona pandemic
- 7 April Library: negative quick test required
- 30 March Service and opening hours of the library
- 28 February BibLounge - Information & answers in open videochat
- 12 January Online teaching only until summer
- 16 December No face-to-face courses for the time being
- 11 November University elections 2020 postponed again
- 2 November H-BRS set for a digital November in its hybrid semester
- 26 October Instruction Aid for Coronavirus Measures and Hygiene Concept (Intranet)
- 1 October Placard Information from the president's office
- 17 September Travel digitally and study without borders
- 4 September The "Coronomester" in retrospect with a brief preview
- 9 July Winter semester 2020/21 also not a standard semester
- 16 June Video message of the Department of Natural Sciences
- 8 June Application start for the winter semester is fixed
- 4 June Placard: About the coronavirus
- 4 May Standard period of study is extended by one semester
Universal protective measures
Minimum distance, face mask, washing hands: The most important corona protection measures of Hochschule Bonn-Rhein-Sieg are shown in pictograms. It is intended as a reminder of basic hygiene rules in all buildings of the university. The Corona measures and hygiene concept of the H-BRS applies to all locations and is constantly updated due to current changes in legal requirements. On Information and measures for employees you will find further information on preventive measures taken by the university management. In addition, a notice of the Presidium provides information on hygiene rules.