The President has appointed the following professors as Appointments Commissioners:
- Prof. Dr Ulrike Bartz (Department of Natural Sciences)
- Prof. Dr Karin Hummel (Department of Social Security Studies)
- Prof. Dr Wolfgang Joppich (Department of Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Technical Journalism)
- Prof. Dr Sayeed Klewitz-Hommelsen (Department of Computer Science)
- Prof. Dr Wilhelm Schneider (Department of Management Sciences)
- Prof. Dr. Jürgen Monhemius (Department of Management Sciences)
- Prof. Dr. Paul Melcher (Department of Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Technical Journalism)
Above this, the commissioners are expected to ensure that
- the requirements and strategic objectives of the university development plan have an influence on the process,
- the criteria set out in the advertisement are taken into account in the decision-making process of the Appointments Committee,
- the competitive character of the application procedure is preserved and
- that there is sufficient procedural transparency and a viable policy of information including vis à vis applicants.
Please also see § 38 para. 4 HG in combination with § 4 of the Appointment Regulations of Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University regarding the tasks of the Appointments Commissioner.