Please note: some of our services are unfortunately not available during the Corona crisis. Please ask the library staff or look at our FAQ, that informs you about all possibilities and restrictions.
We maintain yor work in the library rooms with a safe cloud storage, workstations with network connection (with your own network cable), wireless LAN (5 GHz), printers and a A3-scanner.
WLAN H-BRS for members of the Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University of Applied Sciences. Link with information on access
Bib-Access for external customers:
Select "Bib-Access" in the network list. As a rule, the login screen for Bib-Access appears automatically when you open your browser.
Before logging in for the first time, it is necessary to accept the user agreements below the login window. In both cases, log in with your library ID (library number and password).
- Eduroam: Of course, you can also use eduroam in the library rooms. However, please note that in this case you will not be able to access the electronic services (e-books, e-journals, databases).
The Library offers registered users the online storage "Bib-Cloud". It is a costfree service, you just need a valid library account and your library passwort.
Documents, images and other files that you upload onto Bib-Cloud will be stored on servers hosted by the Library. Uploaded files can then easily be accessed and shared over the internet from any computer, tablet, smart phone or other networked device.
Bib-Cloud is based on the Nextcloud open source software. For synchronizing files with your desktop computer, you can use the Nextcloud Client for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. There are also apps in development for both Android and webOS. For further information see https://nextcloud.com/.
- The Library is not liable for loss of data. Please store important data on additional devices (such as laptop, USB stick).
More alternatives to the Bib Cloud
If you need cloud storage to manage and edit files in your team, there are additional alternatives to the bib cloud. For example, the wiki software Atlassian Confluence and LEA are available. Further information can be found in the links.
Several public computers with network access are available at both library locations. You can log in using your library login (library number and password).
You can borrow the convertible Laptops for use in the library rooms.
Borrowing is possible only at the service-desk during opening hours with librarians - your can return during opening hours with security staff also.
Please note: every settings, passwords, or data are deleted automatically. Save your data before you return the laptop.
- 13,3" Full HD Touch Display
- 4 GB RAM
- Intel Core i3-7130U-Processor
- WiFi, Bluetooth
- Ports:1x USB2.0, 1x USB3.0, HDMI, Mikrophone, Line-Out / Headphone, SD Card-Reader
- HD camera
The laptops are funded by the Vice President for International Affairs and Diversity of the University Bonn-Rhein-Sieg, Prof. Dr. Jürgen Bode, within the framework of the initiative Respekt!. Diversity at the H-BRS is also promoted by digitalisation. Through digitalisation, individual learning strategies of various students can be taken into account to an even greater extent.
There are a variety of workstations at both library locations with power, reading lights and a network connection. You can connect your own devices to the library network or you can borrow a cable at the service desk. After connecting the cable, you will be asked to enter your login data (library number and password) when you start an internet browser.
In the library you can print black and white on A4 format from our public PCs.
1. If you would like to use our printer, a debit code is required. Codes can be purchased at the circulation desk. There are 0,50 Euro, 1,00 Euro, 5,00 Euro or 10,00 Euro cards available.
2. Before using the new print system, you have to register once. Please visit the website fro user agreements and log in with your library access (the same login as you use with our computers). Enter your email address and accept the conditions of usage. You can read the user agreements in the Related Links.
3. Return to the Login of Bib-Print and log in with your library access. You can put credit on your account by clicking on Redeem card. Then enter the code on your debit card and confirm.
4. Next time you want to print, a window will appear showing you how much credit you have. When you have pressed print, the print order will be saved on hold.
5. At the end of your work go to the printing station. Log in with your library account and confirm or cancel your print orders.
6. Your print orders will remain available for 72 hours. You can keep several print orders and print them simultaneously.
Tip for pdf documents:
- Please open pdf documents with Acrobat Reader to avoid error messages.
- Save your Office documents as pdf-documents before printing in the library. Otherwise you may lose your formatting.
- Save your PowerPoint-Presentations as pdf-document.
For further questions please contact your library staff
Via the library's remote access, students and employees of the university can use e-books, e-journals and databases from home.
To use our licenced content (e-books, e-journals, reference databases) outside the university, you have to setup remote access to the campus network.
The remote access is available to all members of Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University if they are registered in the library.
For remote access you have to make a setting on your computer. You can find configuration instructions for different systems.
For the setup in Windows10 the manual is also available as a video.