The chancellor is responsible for managing the central university administration. She manages the budget and is a permanent member of the President's Office.
The activities of H-BRS's central university administration are centred on service orientation and providing the best possible framework conditions for research, teaching and transfer. In addition, the central university administration supports the President's Office and all structures in implementing H-BRS's strategic objectives, particularly with regard to implementation of the new second university development plan.
- Management of the central university administration
- Budget management
- Financial and human resource planning, management control
- Quality management and internal auditing
- Human resources administration and management
- Legal matters and compliance
- Building and facility management (in the capacity of building owner with responsibility for all construction works in accordance with Section 2 (7) (1) and (2) of the North Rhine-Westphalia Higher Education Act (Hochschulgesetz NRW))
- Student Service and International Office
- Environmental protection and safety
Management of service areas and executive units
- Division 1: Facilities Management, Building and Safety
- Division 2: Human Resources and Legal Affairs
- Division 3: Finance & Purchasing
- Division 4: Planning, Evaluation and Controlling
- Division 5: International Office and Student Service
- Chancellor's Adjunct for Change- and Projectmanagement
Key current projects
- Planning and implementation of the works concerning the extension buildings at two university locations
- Further development of the university information systems, management control and quality management
- Laying the organisational foundations for the Centre for Applied Research and the Science Campus and involvement in their strategic development
The Chancellor's Office (Deborah Baum and Nadine Wietbrock) provides organisational support to the Chancellor. In absence, the cancellor is represented by Barbara Schubert who is the head of the International Office and Student Service.