§ 17 of the Gender Equality Act for the state of North Rhine Westphalia sets out the role of the Equal Opportunities Commissioner.
The role includes the following duties:
- involvement in appointment committees, staff recruitment, upgrading,
- preparation of the female advancement plan
- organisation of gender-specific events
- inclusion of aspects of relevance to women in the allocation of funds
- advice and support for the different university groups, e.g. female applicants students, professors and employees
- participation in organisational and social activities, e.g. structural changes working time issues
At the family-friendly and gender-responsive Hochschule Bonn-Rhein-Sieg, the Equal Opportunities Commissioner also takes care of the concerns of families:
- auditing and re-auditing as a family-friendly university
- establishing family-oriented measures (EKA, HELP, childcare)
Current focal areas and projects
Green Light for Female Professors
With the "Green Light for Female Professors" programme, H-BRS is offering professional support on the road to a professorship. In seminars and individual coaching sessions, women are shown everything that they need for a successful start and fruitful career at the university.
The Equal Opportunities Office at Hochschule Bonn-Rhein-Sieg awards doctoral scholarships for employees and graduates of the university.