Thanks a lot for your interest in our Bachelor's programme in Applied Biology. The programme is taught in English.
Please note that all other Bachelor's programmes are taught in German, and applicants are required to have sufficient German language skills, proved by one of following German tests: TestDaF level 4 x 4, or DSH level 2 or TELC C1 Hochschule.
If you would like to know, whether your High School Certificate qualifies to apply, you may check it at https://www.daad.de/deutschland/nach-deutschland/voraussetzungen/en/6017-the-right-higher-education-qualification/.
The pogramme can be started in winter term only. The online application for the winter term 2017/2018 is open from May 17, 2017 until July 15, 2017 (application deadline).
The admission to the Bachelor’s degree course in Applied Biology is restricted. 7 % of the study places are kept for non-EU applicants. (This means that only a limited number of places is available).
Decision on admission will be made after the application deadline by end of July 2017. You will be informed by e-mail on the result.
Applicants who get admitted should come for enrolment by end September 2017 at the latest. This deadline is very important for applicants from countries with long lasting visa procedures.
If you are admitted, you need to download the admission letter (PDF file). Further information regarding the enrolment procedure und the deadline you will find within the admission letter.
These are the steps to complete your application:
To start the process, please click "Login Online-application" at the bottom of this page.
First, you need to register for the online application by choosing a user name. As soon as you have got an activating e-mail, you can choose a password and finalize your registration. Afterwards you are able to apply for studies with your user name and password.
Please enter your data in the electronic form. The fields marked with an asterisk * are mandatory and must be filled in.
- Afterwards click 'send' and print out the form.
- You must enter all information truthfully and correctly. False information may exclude you from the application process.
Please send the printed out and signed application form with the below-mentioned documents to the following address by 15 July 2017 at the latest:
Grantham Allee 20
53757 Sankt Augustin
- Completed and signed application form including a passport photo;
- Certified copy of your secondary school certificate (including translation into English or German);
- Certified copy of your university entrance examination (including translation into English or German), if it is required in your home country;
- Certified copies of records of your academic studies (including translation into English or German), in case that you have studied;
- Original Certificate of the APS (refers to applicants from China, Mongolia, and Vietnam);
- Certification of having attained a certain level of proficiency in English (if you are not from an English-speaking country):
- TOEFL paper-based: score 550 or
- TOEFL computer-based: score 213 or
- TOEFL internet-based: score 79 (Please have ETS send your results to our code number: 7977) or
- Academic IELTS: an overall band score of at least 6.0 or
- confirmation letter from your previous university that your completed programme was taught in English;
- Matriculation certificate and current and complete transcripts, in case you have studied, or you are studying in Germany;
- A copy of your passport.
Information on certification
The documents attached to the application for admission must be translated into either English or German and be certified photocopies. Any public office that has an official seal may certify the copies. This includes government offices (Einwohnermeldeamt in cities), parish offices, and notaries. Certification cannot be performed by banks, lawyers, auditors, bookkeepers, or clubs. Notarised certification may also be used.
Minimum requirements for official certification are:
1. a stamp that certifies that the copy corresponds to the original (certification),
2. the signature of the certifier, and
3. the imprint of the official seal. A seal usually contains an emblem. A simple stamp is not adequate.
If the copy consists of several separate sheets, then it must be demonstrated that each page comes from the same document. Should the certification seal and the signature appear on only one page, then the pages must be placed together, stapled, and then stamped so that each page receives part of the impression of the seal.
Each page can also be certified separately. In this case please make sure that each page of the original contains your name. If it is not given on each page, then it must be included in the certification along with an indication of the document type.
If there is a copy on the front and back of each sheet of paper, then the certification seal must also include both sides of the paper (e.g. "I hereby certify that the front and back pages of this copy correspond to the original.") If this is not the case, then the front and back pages must be certified separately. If the certification does not fulfil the above standards, your documents cannot be recognised.
All students will be charged a standard semester contribution of currently € 280.20.
The semester contribution includes the costs for the semester ticket that serves as a travel pass, entitling you to the free use of all train and bus services in the Federal State of North Rhine Westfalia.
If you have further questions, please contact us at Studierendenskretariat.
Online-application for international applicants for the Bachelor's degree programme in Applied Biology