- Qualification for the intended degree programme at the Bonn-Rhine-Sieg University
- Certified proof of German skills on B2 level
- Pass mark in the placement test
The DSH preparation courses are comprised of 16 lesson hours per week (176 lesson hours in total). The DSH course will be thaught two days per week in face to face classes and two days per week online if the Corona situation permits. If the pandemic situation does not allow face to face classes to be offered the course will take place entirely online. It will include 16 hours of video-conferencing per week as well as a wide variety of self-study material that will be made available on our learning platform (LEA).
- Summer semester: April to July
- Winter semester: October to January
After having completed the course the course participants can take the DSH exam.
On 24 November there will be an opportunity to take the digital TestDaF.
- Revising basic grammar
- Consolidating and extending vocabulary
- Training listening, reading and writing skills
- Training speaking skills in preparation for the oral exam
- Semester ticket for the whole of North Rhine-Westphalia
- Opportunity to take part in a language tandem
- Opportunity to participate in university sports
- Welcome event by the International Office followed by an excursion to a museum in Bonn as well as participation in the cultural programme of the International Office
- Opportunity to participate in other courses such as “German for Studies and Career” (during the summer semester) or “Business German” (during the winter semester)
- Student counselling prior to studies
- Opportunity to participate in one first semester lecture
- Guided tour of laboratories and workshops
- Exam place for the digital TestDaF on 24 November, if the pandemic situation allows face to face exams
Individual learning counselling in preparation for the digital TestDaF
Please note that the course may take place on either the Sankt Augustin campus or the Rheinbach campus.
- Summer semester: from 15 November to 8. February
- Winter semester 2020/21: from 15 June to 25. August
Dates for placement test
- Winter semester 2020/21: 07. September 2020
- Summer semester 2021: 18. February 2021
The placement test can also be taken online upon written request to email@example.com.
Fees for the summer semester 2021
- Admission test: 25,00 EUR
- DSH course: 895,00 EUR
- Semester fee: EUR 303.50 (includes semester ticket for North Rhine-Westphalia)
DSH exam: 110,00 EUR
- Digital TestDaf: 195,00 EUR (voluntary participation)
Please note that the number of persons admitted to the placement test is restricted. We advise your to submit your application including all documents required as soon as possible!
There is also a limited number of places in the DSH preparation course; admission is based on the result in the placement test.
We reserve the right to cancel the DSH preparation course if the number of participants is too low. In this case, the fee for the test cannot be reimbursed.
Please go to the following link for a list of the documents required to apply for the placement test and the DSH preparation course: