The DSH preparation course addresses applicants who meet the requirements for applying for a German degree programme at the Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University but who have not yet acquired the required language competence in German.
- Certified proof of German skills on B2 level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
- Pass mark in the placement test
The DSH preparation courses are comprised of 20 lesson hours per week. The courses take place four or five times a week, either in the morning or in the afternoon.
- Summer semester: April to July
- Winter semester: October to January
After having completed the course the course participants can take the DSH exam.
- Revising basic grammar
- Consolidating and extending vocabulary
- Training listening, reading and writing skills
- Training speaking skills in preparation for the oral exam
- Semester ticket
- Opportunity to take part in a language tandem
- Opportunity to participate in university sports
- Welcome event by the International Office followed by an excursion to a museum in Bonn as well as participation in the cultural programme of the International Office
- Opportunity to participate in other courses such as “German for Studies and Career” (during the summer semester) or “Business German” (during the winter semester)
- Student counselling prior to studies
- Opportunity to participate in one first semester lecture
Guided tour of laboratories and workshops
Please note that the course may take place on either the Sankt Augustin campus or the Rheinbach campus.
- Summer semester: from 15 November to 25 January
- Winter semester: from 15 May to 25 July
Dates for placement test
- Winter semester 2020/21: 06. August 2020
- Summer semester 2020: tba (February 2021)
Please note that the number of persons admitted to the placement test is restricted. We advise your to submit your application including all documents required as soon as possible!
There is also a limited number of places in the DSH preparation course; admission is based on the result in the placement test.
We reserve the right to cancel the DSH preparation course if the number of participants is too low. In this case, the fee for the test cannot be reimbursed.
Please go to the following link for a list of the documents required to apply for the placement test and the DSH preparation course: