The DSH preparation course addresses applicants who meet the requirements for applying for a German degree programme at the Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University but who have not yet acquired the required language competence in German.
- certified proof of German skills on B2 level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
- pass mark in the placement test
The DSH preparation courses comprises 18 lesson hours per week. The course takes places four or five times a week, either in the morning or in the afternoon.
- summer semester: March/April to July
- winter semester: October to January
The course participants can take the DSH exam after having completed the course.
- revising basic grammar
- consolidating and extending vocabulary
- training listening, reading and writing skills
- training speaking skills in preparation for the oral exam
Please note that the course can take place at either Sankt Augustin campus or at Rheinbach campus.
- for the summer semester: from 15 November to 31 January
- for the winter semester: from 15 May to 31 July
Dates for placement test
- for the summer semester 2018: 8 February 2018
- for the winter semester 2018/19: to be announced
Please note that the number of persons admitted to the placement test is restricted. Please be advised to submit your application including all documents required as soon as possible!
There is also a limited number of places in the DSH preparation course; admission is based on the result in the placement test.
To obtain the documents required for applying for the placement test and the DSH preparation course please go to the following page:
Sample placement test
The placement test consists of three parts: