First semester (September - February)
Students spend the first semester in Germany where they interact with classmates and professors and have a chance to visit social protection institutions in Germany and neighboring countries. Every module has at least 3 sub-modules, which will take place consecutively, which means that every module is held in one week.
- Module 1: Comparative Analysis of Social Protection Systems (8 ECTS)
- Module 2: Foundational Skills (7 ECTS)
- Module 3: Social Protection Policy Instruments (8 ECTS)
- Module 4: Quantitative Methods in Social Protection (7 ECTS)
Second semester (March - August)
The second semester will be followed online and students have the option of returning to their respective countries or staying in Germany. This teaching environment opens a whole new learning experience for students.
- Module 5: Social Protection Fiinancing (6 ECTS)
- Module 6: Groups in Focus (Electives) (6 ECTS)
- Module 7: Social Protection Management (6 ECTS)
- Module 8: Social Protection Reforms (8 ECTS)
- Module 9: Research Methods (6 ECTS)
Third semester (September until February)
During the 3rd semester, students will have the possibility to conduct a relevant internship of at least 3 months full-time or 6 months part-time.
Fourth semester (March until August)
The last semester is dedicated for the master's thesis.