International experience is needed - but how do I get it?
- Would you like to make your studies more international without having to spend an entire semester or even a year abroad?
- Perhaps you have already been abroad and would like to build on the competencies gained during your studies?
- Is a whole semester or even a year abroad simply too expensive?
- Are you still a little uncertain about whether you want to take the plunge into cold water for as long as a semester or a year?
Then this short term exchange programme "Oded Löwenbein Summer School Programme" might just be the right thing for you:
- 3-week short stay at Coastal Carolina University
- Participation in seminars and workshops in an international context
- Project work with a local company in the Myrtle Beach region
- Cultural activities such as excursions, participation in sports events, etc.
- 1-week counter visit of the Americans in May: You organize the program and get to know the American students.
For many years, the so-called "Summer Schools" of many universities from the English-speaking world have developed into a further education opportunity for international students. Within the framework of such a Summer School, students can acquire or deepen their knowledge of foreign languages and acquire important "soft skills" in addition to additional specialist knowledge.
The idea of the Summer School has been taken on by the Department of Management Sciences, which attaches particular importance to international orientation. With the introduction of Summer School programmes, we have been pursuing the goal of making studying abroad attractive for students since 2001.
You are also welcome to arrange a personal or group appointment with Karsten Heinrich for a detailed information session. Please send your request by mail to email@example.com
For your application please use the Online-Application form of the Rhein-Ahr-Campus in Remagen. Upload the following application documents in English:
- Letter of motivation (approx. 1 DIN A4 page)
- Personal video: "My role as a cultural ambassador" in English ( a 3 - 5 minutes personal presentation with ideas on how you would contribute to the program as a cultural ambassador. Just be creative).
- Grade transcript ( and if you have not yet completed your studies, please enclose your last school report)
- Curriculum vitae, incl. Photo