- in BSc Applied Biology, 2nd Semester
- 6h/week (4L+E/2P)
- Credits: 7 ECTS
- Basics on structure and function of the different tissue types
- Detailed presentation of macroscopic and microscopic morphology and function of the different organs and organ systems of the human body
- Exercises are included in the lecture to repeat the subject matter and to prepare for the exam.
- Preparation of a histological specimen: sectioning and staining
- Microscopical inspection of selected histological specimens: Identification of relevant structures under the microscope
- Presentation of one histological specimen to the class
Basic knowledge on cytology
Written exam 60 %
Lab report 20 %
Initial test at the beginning of the practical course 10 %
Oral presentation 10 %
M.H. Ross & W. Pawlina: Histology - A Text and Atlas; Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
B. Young, G. O´Dowd & P. Woodford: Wheater´s Functional Histology; Elsevier.
- U. Welsch: Lehrbuch Histologie; Elsevier.
- R. Lüllmann-Rauch: Taschenlehrbuch Histologie; Thieme.