Smart cities offer a unique opportunity to demonstrate the benefits of using a variety of robotic applications in different living contexts for all European citizens. SciRoc will call for leading European robotics developers from European companies and research labs to send teams to demonstrate their technologies and systems in high profile competitive demonstrations in a smart city environment.
SciRoc continues to build the European Robotics League; raising interest through public engagement, validating and disseminating new benchmarks, and accelerating development through demonstrating the performance of components and techniques against these benchmarks. Setting competitions based on these benchmarks in the Smart City context drives development towards real societal needs.
SciRoc will offer companies as well as researchers a unique opportunity to demonstrate their systems and technology to a wide public audience in a realistic and believable context, and will foster an informed, fact-based communication about robotics and its societal implications with public stakeholders and the media. The synergy between smart robots and smart cities adds value to both, and showcases the technologies which will shape our living spaces in the near future.
The project is coordinated by the University of Bristol, UK.
Other project partners are:
- FUNDACION ANDALUZA PARA EL DESARROLLO AEROESPACIAL, Spain
- NATO SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY ORGANISATION, Belgium
- EUROBOTICS AISBL, Belgium
- ASSOCIACAO DO INSTITUTO SUPERIOR TECNICO PARA A INVESTIGACAO E DESENVOLVIMENTO, Portugal
- THE OPEN UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom
- POLITECNICO DI MILANO, Italy
- UNIVERSITA DEGLI STUDI DI ROMA LA SAPIENZA, Italy
- UNIVERSITAT POLITECNICA DE CATALUNYA, Spain