Due to the present situation, all Writing Centre coaching appointments will be by telephone or online until further notice. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Language Centre offers writing centres for both German and English, including workshops and individual coaching sessions. The aim of the workshops and individual coaching sessions is to teach fundamental writing techniques and to support students who have specific problems in writing term papers or final theses. The Writing Centre English is a service offered to all students in all departments.
The Language Centre also offers a series of workshops; all further details can be found under Elective Courses as well as on LEA. The Language Centre also organizes workshops on various other topics upon request.
- Rheinbach: Wednesday, 14:00 - 16:00, library: Literaturkabinett (literature room)
- Sankt Augustin: Thursday, 10:00 - 12:00 Uhr, library: Literaturkabinett (literature room)
In the semester break individual appointments can be made.
Writing Group (during the semester):
Sankt Augustin: please contact Jill Yates-Wolff if you are interested.
Writing Centre Workshops
Workshops der Schreibwerkstatt:
- Introduction to academic writing
- Academic writing: from paraphrasing to citations
- English tenses - The basics revised
- Extending your vocabulary
- Writing an international CV
- Writing a letter of motivation
- Communicating with confidence
- Improving your presentation skills
- Discussions and negotiations
Details on the workshop content is available on LEA, where you could also register.