The H-BRS University Council
On weekdays: According to prior agreement.
According to the Higher Education Autonomy Act (Hochschulfreiheitsgesetz, HFG) of the German federal state of North-Rhine-Westphalia, every university has to establish a university council. The eight members of the University Council of the Hochschule Bonn-Rhein-Sieg (H-BRS) - i.e. four external and four internal members - receive their letters of appointment from the North-Rhine Westphalian Minister of Culture and Science. In 2007, H-BRS was the first University in North-Rhine Westphalia to establish a University Council.
The Higher Education Autonomy Act requires that the members of the University Council are or have been engaged in responsible positions in society, above all in academia, culture or business and industry, and that they have acquired the knowledge and experience necessary to make a contribution to achieving the objectives and fulfilling the duties of the University.
Members of the H-BRS University Council
The eight voting members of the University Council:
- Professor Dr. Jakob Rhyner, Vice Rector Europe, United Nations University
- Prof. Dr Simone Bürsner, Hochschule Bonn-Rhein-Sieg
- Prof. Dr Klaus Deimel, Hochschule Bonn-Rhein-Sieg
- Sylvie Hambloch-Gesinn, counsellor-at-law
- Prof. Dr Karin Hummel, Hochschule Bonn-Rhein-Sieg
- Prof. Dr Peter Kaul, Hochschule Bonn-Rhein-Sieg
- Dr Andrea Niehaus, Director of the Deutsches Museum Bonn
- Rainer Otto, former Managing Director WIRTGEN GROUP Holding GmbH
Meetings of the University Council
The University Council convenes at least four times a year. Its meetings are not open to the public. However, the participating members of the Office of the President hold an advisory vote.