There you will also find the funding databases for your research stay:
An overview on the different residence permits for academics from non-EU countries is provided by the German Rector’s Conference (HRK).
For general information on a research stay or period of tuition please click here.
In addition, the International Office will be happy to provide you with advice and assistance in respect to concrete questions concerning your stay at our university:
- Letter of invitation for a visa
- Pick-up service
- Accommodation during the first days of your stay in Germany
- Assistance in finding accommodation
- Questions relating to insurance
- Welcome package including information on the place of residence, a city map, important addresses
- Escort services accompanying you to public authorities and the bank and providing you with support regarding registration procedures
- Information on kindergartens, schools, advice centres, healthcare facilities, tips on spare-time activities, sports
- Language-learning offerings
If you already have specific plans about visiting our university, you will find some useful information for the preparation of your stay in our Flyer for International Visiting Academics.