Application to the DSH preparation course

You intend to apply to a German language degree programme at the H-BRS, but your German language skills are not quite sufficient to pass the DSH exam.

If you are looking for a DSH preparation course, the following information may be of interest to you.

The H-BRS offers a one-semester language course that prepares applicants for the DSH exam.

We require the German language proficiency certificate B2 and the qualification for a degree programme here. In addition, you need to pass an entrance test.


Entrance exam fee: 25 euros
Course fee: 470 euros
semester contribution: 268.80 euros (includes the ticket for whole North Rhine Westphalia area)
DSH exam fee: 110 euros

The application deadlines are 31 July  for winter term and 31 January  for summer term.

To apply, please submit the following documents:

  • Completed and signed application form including passport photo;
  • Certified copy of your secondary school certificate (including translation into English or German);
  • Certified copy of your university entrance examination (including translation into English or German), if necessary in your home country;
  • Certified copies of records of your academic studies (including translation into English or German);
  • Original Certificate of the APS (refers to applicants from China, Mongolia, and Vietnam);
  • Certified copy of German language proficiency certificate B2 level;
  • copy of your passport (first page).

If your residence is currently outside Germany, please keep in mind to apply at least 8 weeks before the application deadline; otherwise you perhaps will not get your visa early enough to attend the entrance test.

You should send your application to the following address:

Hochschule Bonn-Rhein-Sieg
Registrar's Office
53754 Sankt Augustin

Please upload following application form and the explanations (the application form for summer term 2017 will be available from November 1, 2016):

  • Application preparation course and explanations


DSH-preparation course: 3.10.2016 - 20.01.2017

Before applying you can check, whether your Secondary School Certificate qualfies for studies here:

If you have acquired a school leaving certificate which qualifies you to study in your home country, but which is not recognised as a higher education entrance qualification in Germany, you will need to attend a preparatory course at a so-called Studienkolleg before starting your studies. In this case you could not attend the DSH preparation course.

Please find further information at: