If you are looking for a DSH preparation course, the following information may be of interest to you.
The H-BRS offers a one-semester language course that prepares applicants for the DSH exam.
We require the German language proficiency certificate B2 and the qualification for a study programme here. In addition, you need to pass an entrance test.
The places for the entrance test and the language course are limited. The earlier you submit your complete application, the better your chances are to get a place for the entrance test.
If we cannot provide all applicants a place in the language course, preference will be given to those with the best exam result.
Entrance exam fee: 25 EUR
Course fee: 500 EUR
semester contribution: 288.50 EUR (includes the ticket for whole North Rhine Westphalia area)
DSH exam fee: 110 EUR
The application deadlines are 31 July for winter term and 15 January for summer term.
To apply, please submit the following documents:
- Completed and signed application form including passport photo;
- Certified copy of secondary school certificate including translation into English or German;
- Certified copy of university entrance examination including translation into English or German, if necessary in your home country;
- Certified copy of transcript of records including translation into English or German, in case you have studied at a university;
- Certified copy of degree Certificate including translation into English or German, in case you have completed one;
- Original Certificate of the APS (refers to applicants from China, Mongolia, and Vietnam who obtained their qualification in these countries);
- Certified copy of German language proficiency certificate B2 level;
- copy of your passport (first page) and residence permit.
If your residence is currently outside Germany, and you need to apply for a study visa, please keep in mind to apply at least 8 weeks before the application deadline; otherwise you perhaps will not get your visa early enough to attend the entrance test.
You should send your application to the following address:
53754 Sankt Augustin
Application form for the summer term 2019:
Entrance test: February 7, 2019
Duration of the DSH-preparation course in summer term 2019: April 2, 2019 until July 5, 2019 .
You can find the link to a sample exam at: https://www.h-brs.de/en/spz/dsh.
Before applying you can check, whether your Secondary School Certificate qualifies for studies here: https://www.daad.de/deutschland/nach-deutschland/voraussetzungen/en/6017-admission-requirements/.
If you have acquired a school leaving certificate which qualifies you to study in your home country, but which is not recognised as a higher education entrance qualification in Germany, you will need to attend a preparatory course at a so-called Studienkolleg before starting your studies. In this case you could not attend the DSH preparation course.
Please find further information at: http://www.studienkollegs.de/home.html.
Test Date: February 5, 2019
If you already have a C1 certificate and would like to take the DSH exam here without attending the DSH preparation course, you have the option of registering with our Language Centre. This is possible for the summer semester 2019 from 15 November 2018 to 15 January 2019. Please note that this is only possible if you have applied for a study programme at our university for the summer semester 2019 and meet the requirements for the intended study programme. As there are only a limited number of places for the DSH exam, the receipt of your complete application will be decisive. Further information on the DSH exam and the registration form you will find at: https://www.h-brs.de/de/spz/deutsche-sprachpruefung-fuer-den-hochschulzugang-dsh.