Project SKILLS: E-Assessment
E-exams with Dynexite
The examination system Dynexite was developed by RWTH Aachen to create and conduct in-lecture tests and exercises, as well as electronic module exams. RWTH Aachen has been using Dynexite successfully since the summer semester of 2018. The software meets the requirements for legally secure and technically sophisticated examinations.
Pilot users are still welcome
If you are interested in using Dynexite for e-exams, e-tests, e-exercises, or internships, we look forward to receiving your feedback.
We support you throughout the entire e-exam process with Dynexite:
- Consultations, training, and exchange of experiences regarding the Dynexite exam platform
- Didactic advice on competence-oriented testing
- Dynexite support for students and instructors
- Provision of informational materials on e-exams with Dynexite for students and instructors
- Supervision and coordination of e-exams (on-site and online) and the entire exam process with Dynexite
- System maintenance of the Dynexite exam platform
- Evaluation of exam phases to optimize the exam process and identify feature requests
„I prefer e-exams over paper exams because they are closer to the reality of working conditions. Additionally, they are more organized, environmentally friendly, and modern.”
Student, Quote from the survey "Pool room exams in Dynexite for students - Summer Semester 2022."
Progress of the ongoing pilot phase with Dynexite
Since the summer semester of 2022, digital module exams have been conducted in interconnected PC pools across departments at the university. Currently, e-exams can only be conducted in PC pool rooms in Sankt Augustin!
The number of e-exams is increasing from semester to semester.
Based on the wishes of lecturers, we have already implemented several feature requests. Feedback on the Dynexite exam platform is warmly welcomed!
SKILLS Project Activities since Winter Semester 21/22
- Clarification of legal, technical, and organizational frameworks
- Establishment of infrastructure
- Acquisition, consultation, and support for pilot users
- Organization and implementation of workshops, training sessions, and experience exchanges
- On-site organization and technical support
The SKILLS project is funded by the Stiftung Innovation in der Hochschullehre. The project duration is three years (2021-2024).