Enrolment in the doctoral study programme of the university
Within the framework of a cooperative doctorate, it is possible to enrol as a doctoral candidate at the Bonn-Rhine-Sieg University of Applied Sciences. The basis for this is §67a Hochschulgesetz NRW. Enrolment at the university is voluntary.
Advantages of enrolment:
- You pay a semester fee and thus acquire a student identity card which entitles you to a reduced admission to the refectory and at the same time is a public transport ticket.
- The status of a registered doctoral student may be advantageous if the first supervisor teaches at a university abroad but would still like to benefit from national support programmes (e.g. to finance planned stays abroad).
Doctoral students who are interested in enrolling present their application to the GI:
- Written confirmation of supervision from a professor at Bonn-Rhine-Sieg University of Applied Sciences
- Written confirmation of supervision from a professor at the cooperating University
- Research proposal
- Copy of the Master's certificate
Information about enrolment in the doctoral study program at the university is available in the LEA course H-BRS Graduate Institute.
What deadlines must be observed? The rule of thumb is the last Friday in October and the last Friday in April. However, we would ask you to contact us earlier.
Then what? The GI-office checks the documents and forwards the request to be enrolled to the Student Secretariat. Those who wish to enrol will then receive all further information from the Student Secretariat (e.g. how to pay the semester fee).
Can one also enrol directly as a doctoral student at the Student Secretariat? No.
Where can one register? At the office at firstname.lastname@example.org