Membership in the Graduate Institute for Doctoral Students and Supervisors
1) Advantages of a membership in the GI for doctoral students:
- Members are regularly informed about activities for and by doctoral candidates.
- Members are part of the "doctoral community" and the network of young researchers beyond their own faculty.
- Members exercise their right to represent their interests, e.g. within the framework of the General Assembly of Doctoral Students.
Members may apply for a grant to reimburse travel expenses.
Members may apply for a grant to reimburse Open Access fees.
- Membership is free of charge.
The application for the admission of doctoral students as members of the Graduate Institute is available for download in the LEA course H-BRS Graduate Institute.
2) Advantages of GI membership for supervising professors
- A prerequisite for membership in the GI is that you are supervising a doctoral student at the university or have supervised one in the recent past.
- At the Graduate Institute, supervisors are given the opportunity to acquire additional, interdisciplinary skills in order to optimally supervise doctoral candidates. In particular, the Graduate Institute focuses on offers to strengthen so-called soft skills.
- Members can also network with each other and make new professional contacts via the GI NRW.
- Own doctoral students can apply for a grant to reimburse travel expenses.
- Own doctoral students can apply for a grant to reimburse Open Access fees.
The application for the admission of professors as members of the Graduate Institute is available for download in the LEA course H-BRS Graduate Institute.
Where can one register? Please direct inquiries directly to the office: email@example.com