Skip to main content

International Office

Scholarships for International Students

Unfortunately the Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University of Applied Sciences cannot provide scholarships for a complete course of studies. There are, however, a number of institutions and/or foundations to which one can apply for funding. In many cases this must be done even one year in advance of the beginning of one’s studies.

Each of these scholarship programmes has different requirements. Some scholarships are only available to people with very good German abilities, while others require academic excellence or social commitment. Please also note that most scholarships are only available to students en

A basic overview can be found on the following websites:

Funding - Study in Germany

Find Scholarships - DAAD



The Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University of Applied Sciences can offer limited degree completion assistance as part of the STIBET programme for international students. This funding comes from the Federal Foreign Office via the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). The degree completion grants are intended to help international students with good academic performances, who find themselves struggling financially, to finish their studies.

Scope of award: Degree completion grants of 650 € per month for a period of up to 3 months

The application deadline is based on the date of registration for the final thesis. The degree completion assistance will be announced twice a year (generally in February and July).


For students who are already in a relatively late semester at the Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University of Applied Sciences there is the possibility of applying for a partial scholarship (usually 300 EUR per month for one year, starting only in the winter semester). The following possibilities exist:

The Deutschlandstipendium is funded in half by the German Federal Government and in half by private corporations. It is primarily intended for students with good grades and a good command of the German language. Application period: May/June
Further information can be found here: