The Language Centre offers writing centres for both German and English, including workshops and individual coaching sessions. The aim of the workshops and individual coaching sessions is to teach fundamental writing techniques and to support students who have specific problems in writing term papers or final theses.
The Writing Centre German is a service available to all students from all departments. The aim is to support students in academic and professional writing.
In workshops and individual coaching sessions, students can discuss their texts and receive tips and guidance on the following topics:
- The specifics of different types of texts (academic papers, thesis, seminar papers, work placement reports, final papers, applications etc.)
- Topic identification and acquisition of literature
- Reading strategies
- Structuring your paper
- Relevant information on academic language structures and styles
- Citing and quotations
- Linguistic revision / reviewing and reworking your text
- Overcoming writers block
- Tips on further reading / internet sites/ workshops on writing techniques
Coaching sessions (during term):
- Rheinbach: Tuesday, 14:00 - 16:15, library: room C 101.1
- Sankt Augustin: Monday, 14:00 - 16:15, library: literature corner
You can find further information about the workshops offered by the Writing Centre German under Elective Courses as well as in SIS. The Language Centre also organizes workshops on various topics upon request.