+ + + Attention + + +
The information on this page is only for regular applicants. If your are interested in the Helmut-Schmidt-Scholarship from the DAAD, please visit the following page for more information: https://www.h-brs.de/en/sv/application-process-daad-scholarship-ma-socialprotection
+ + + Attention + + +
1. Application portal
Interested applicants should first fill in the online application form which will be made available via our online application portal. They will be asked to provide the following documents:
- A motivation letter
- A recent CV in table form
- Copies of previous degrees and transcripts
- Proof of work experience in a field related to social protection.
- Proof of proficiency in English.
- Date for the Entry examination or Research Proposal*
* Regular applicants will have to partake in a entry examination and applicants for the DAAD Helmut-Schmid-Scholarship need to provide a research Proposal.
2a. Entry Examination
Regular applicants will be asked at the end of the application form to choose a date and time among three options for the entry examination. They will be given access to a link to register themselves for the chosen examination date.
Applicants who have submitted all the required application documents and registered for a specific date for the entry examination at least one week before their chosen examination date, will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org one week before their examination date. The email will provide the following information:
- Confirmation of the chosen date and time for the examination
- Information about login details and the login process on the examination website
- Information about the examination and its modalities
Each applicant can only take the examination once per year.
2a. Research Proposal
Applicants for the DAAD scholarship will be asked to submit a research proposal. The template can be found here. Please make sure to add your family name in the file name.
3. Offers of Admission
After the application deadline, the student secretariat will inform applicants in a timely manner about the next steps. Successful applicants will receive an informal offer of admission.
To obtain a formal offer of admission, successful applicants are required to send in certified copies of the original supporting documents by mail within two weeks after receiving the informal offer of admission.
Additional Information on Supporting documents
- Motivation letter: Max. 2 page. Explain why you want to complete a Master in the field of Social Protection, how it fits into your career objectives and what kind of experiences you already have within this field. Please be as concrete as possible and provide clear examples demonstrating your point.
- Recent CV in table form
- Copies of previous degrees and transcripts: if the language of those documents is neither English nor German, please provide verified translations)
- Proof of work experience in a field related to social protection. We require a letter signed by your employer detailing the a) exact dates of your employment b) the number of hours worked weekly c) your job title, specific duties, as well as a paragraph on the organization or company explaining its field of work, mission statement, etc. The letter should bear an official stamp and include the official contact details of your immediate supervisor (work phone number and work email). If you worked for an international organization, please include the reference number.
- Proof of proficiency in English (an official certificate proving at least a C1 level according to the common European framework of reference for languages certified by one of the following tests https://www.h-brs.de/files/english_test_equivalents_fb06.pdf , or an official letter from your previous university confirming that your previous studies were conducted in the English language).
- Copy of passport (incl. flipside)
After the deadline, the student secretariat will inform applicants in a timely manner about the next steps. For a definitive offer of a place of study, successful applicants are required to send in certified copies of the original degrees and certifications.
The online application portal for the following winter semester will open on December 1 of each year and will close three months later on March 1, if student visa is required, and on June 1, if no student visa is required.
Please be aware that any forged / altered documents will result in the automatic rejection of your application.