Equal Opportunities Officers in the Department of Social Policy and Social Security Studies
The Faculty Council has elected Andrea Jussen as Equal Opportunities Officer and Gabriele Klein as her deputy.
The Equal Opportunities Officers of the departments perform their duties for all women, including the students of the department.
This results in the following rights and duties, among others:
- They are not subject to directives when representing the central Equal Opportunities Officer.
- In order to fulfil their duties, they can participate in all meetings and committees of the faculty with the right to propose motions and speak. They are to be invited like members and informed about the subjects and results of the consultations.
- They can represent the central Equal Opportunities Officer in appointment procedures and are advisory members without voting rights in the appointment procedures of their department and - like other members of the appointment committee - have the right to inspect the application documents.
- The final statement in appointment procedures is coordinated with the central Equal Opportunities Officer. The central equal opportunities officer then forwards this statement to the chairperson of the appointment committee.
- She participates in recruitment procedures for academic and technical and administrative staff.
- She assumes tasks that result from the department's plan for the advancement of women.