De-registration (Exmatrikulation)

De-registration and transition from Bachelor to Master

Information on  regulations of the President's Office of the Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University of Applied Sciences to meet the challenges of the conditions for teaching and studying posed by the  Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 pandemic  in the version of the 1st amendment of 27 October 2020 – for now valid until 21 December 2020.

It is possible to enrol in an admission-free (NC-free) Master’ s programme if you have applied for the Master's programme on time, a conditional admission has been granted for the Master programme applied for,  and you have submitted the final  Bachelor certificate by 31.10. for the winter semester and by 30.04. for the summer semester.

For the transition from the Bachelor's programme to the Master's programme, it is important that you  note the additional expenditure of time for correction after you have submitted the Bachelor's thesis.This could lead to the fact that it is no longer possible thaty you begin the Master studies in the following semester.

If you wish to continue studying in a Master's programme you should apply and enroll as early as possible to ensure a smooth transition.

1. De-registration on request

You may submit at any time a request to de-register on the current date. When you apply for de-registration, you must sign out at the university library and have this sign out confirmed on the application. After you have handed in the fully signed de-registration request and your student ID, the Registrar's Office will send you the de-registration certificate, usually on the same day.

If you need a certificate stating that you have not finally failed any examination, please contact the Examination Office. A retroactive request is only possible within the following five years.

Please note! We can reimburse the semester fees only if you have applied for de-registration and the reimbursement of fees before the lectures start.

2. De-registration due to missing re-registration

We will  remove you from the register of students ex officio at the end of a semester if you

  •     have not paid the semester contribution and fee in full and/or
  •     have not submitted the required documents (health insurance certificates, internships et cetera)   within the time limits set.

3. De-registration due to final examinations by 31.03. or 30.09.

If you have successfully completed all of your final exams including the colloquium by the end of the calendar month following the end of the semester (March or September, also called “Kulanzmonat”), you do not need to re-register for the following semester. We will treat you as if you had completed your studies in the preceding summer or winter semester. For organisational reasons those who choose this option will receive a certificate of de-registration in the month of February or July of the current semesters owing to missing re-registration. After they have completed the colloquium successfully, we will issue a new de-registration certificate, stating the exam date and that you have “passed the final exam”

Please note!!! If you do not re-register, you will not have student status for the month of September or March. However, registration or taking of the last exam (colloquium) is guaranteed for the "Kulanzmonat". If the practial semester is your final exam assignment, re-registration is absolutely necessary due to the fact that student status is required for the contractual partner.

If you wish to continue your studies in a Master's degree programme after passing the final exam, please pay close attention to the information on deadlines provided on the information sheet “Instructions: Final Examinations” on the right-hand side of this page.

4. Participation in exams in the second exam period if de-registration has already taken place

You can take exams in the second exam period (at the beginning of the new semester) without having re-registered for that semester (example: de-registration at the end of the winter semester as of 28.02., participation in exams in March is possible).

5. De-registration after finally failed exam or lost entitlement to take exams

If you have finally failed an exam or definitively lost the right to take the exam, you will be de-registered ex officio after the legal validity of the notice.

6. Reimbursement of the semester fees

If you will be de-registered before the start of lectures, the semester fees may be reimbursed if you submit a request for reimbursement of fees before the start of lectures. You must return the student ID card together with the request for reimbursement of fees. If  you submit the request for removal from the register of students at or after the start of lectures, we are unable to refund the fees.