The Master program offers a wide range of theoretical and practical classes in the field of biomedical sciences. Based on the multidisciplinary character of our faculty and select visiting lecturers, the program offers a large number of diverse elective courses to choose from. The practical training includes state-of-the-art techniques, ranging from proteomics and advanced methods in human genetics to techniques used in clinical immunology. A strong focus on practical classes provides the opportunity to acquire strong and diverse technical skills.
Start of the Course: Each Winter Semester
In 2008 the program was successfully accredited by the German accreditation association ASIIN. This accreditation has been extended in 2014 until September 30th, 2021.
Note: The attendance of the Safety Instructions is mandatory for all students! Otherwise a participation of any practical course is forbidden! The Safety Instructions are part of the Introduction Weeks (always scheduled in September/October).
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in biological sciences, grade at least "good" (2.5)
- Special knowledge in: Molecular Biology/Genetics, Immunology, Developmental Biology, Human Biology, Biochemistry and Physiology.
- Proficiency in English (TOEFL ibt minimum score of 79 and IELTS minimum overall band score of 6.0.). The original TOEFL score report has to be sent by ETS, our institution code is 7977)
Each application will be examined by the Admission Commitee.
Deadline for Application
March 1st for Non-EU students who need a visa and do not yet have one, and
September 15th for German and EU students.
Please note that the deadlines for Non-EU and for German and EU students differ due to administrative and immigration actions necessary for joining the programme right in time (keyword: Visa, etc.).
Prospective students will have to apply through an online-based system. You will find the link to the online application system at the bottom of this page. The application deadline for international students from Non-EU countries is March 1st each year and for students from Germany and other EU-countries September 15th each year. Please keep in mind that applications which enter after the deadline, will not be considered.
Before you start entering your data in the online-application form, please make sure you have all documents required for application ready:
- Original Certificate of your first academic degree including transcripts and translation of both documents into either German or English (if they have been issued in a language other than English or German)
- Certificate of APS (for applicants from China and Vietnam who completed their first degree there)
- For international applicants: Evidence of sufficient English language skills (TOEFL IBT: score of 79 or higher, IELTS: score of 6.0 or higher- English language certificates are valid for two years from the date of issue)
After the application deadline has expired, the admission committee will decide on the award of places. In case your application is approved (you will be informed by email) you will be required to send in your original application to us. Please note that all copies of documents you submit must be officially certified for authenticity with the originals. In case your documents have not been issued in either German or English, you will need to additionally submit officially certified translations into either English or German. If you have completed the TOEFL as evidence of sufficient English language skills, please have ETS (Educational Testing Service) send your certificate in case of approval directly to us. You will need to inform them about our institute number, 7977. Only after the verification of your original application documents will we be able to confirm the unconditional offer of a place of study. You will receive more information on this process at the given time.
The application system is open from December 15th until March 1st for Non-EU students and from December 15th to September 15th for German and EU students.
More contact points for international students
Application and enrolment
Phone: +49 2241 865-132 or -9883
Mon-Wed: 10am - 1pm
Thu: 10am - noon and 2pm - 4pm
Telephone consultation hours:
Mon - Wed: 9am - 4pm
Thu: 9am - 12am and 2pm - 4pm
Fri: 9am - 2pm
Financial aid and accommodation
Phone: +49 2241 865-707 or -671
Office Hours: On appointment