Practical phase, final thesis and study abroad
Short overview on practical phase and final thesis (relevant for BSc degree courses)
The practical phase has to be completed in appropriate companies, administrative or research institutions (also at BRSU). Accompanying events take place at the university. There is no entitlement to the allocation of a place for an external practical phase.
During the practical phase our students are supervised by a professor or teacher of the university who has been assigned by the examination board as well as a tutor at the training institution.
The participation will be confirmed by the person in charge for supervision, if a certificate of the training institution concerning the active participation of the student has been presented - or - the practical work corresponded with the purpose of the practical phase and the student properly carried out the tasks delegated to him or her
The practical phase can be repeated once if the participation has not been confirmed by the person in charge for supervision.
- Find an adequate training position and for a supervisor of the university according to paragraph. Find a suitable position and a university supervisor.
- You can receive the fact sheet necessary for the application from the authorized persons for the practical phase or under "Data Sheet" (pdf). Please fill out the form and hand it in, signed by your supervising professor, to the authorized person for the practical phase. The specified time frame is 3 months, any further time you are planning to spend at your training institution is not relevant for the practical phase.
- Upon completion of the practical phase a certificate ("Certificate Practical Phase") for successful participation has to be handed in as soon as possible. This document is also available at the office of the authorized person for the practical phase. Upon receipt the examination office will be informed about your successful participation.
Further questions: Authorized persons for the practical phase
- Short overview: Procedure, information about application, admission …
- Datenblatt Praxisphase / Data sheet practical phase
- Praxisphasenbescheinigung / Certificate practical phase
- Application thesis
- Information Sheet Final Exam (English)
- Submission confirmation
- Application for Colloquium
- Thesis guide (BSc and MSc Biology) and Cover page BSc thesis
- Geheimhaltungsvereinbarung / non-disclosure agreement
- Declaration of originality