Deposit and re-registration deadline
If you wish to continue your studies after the end of the current semester, you must re-register within the valid re-registration deadlines by paying the semester contribution. Students of the MBA programmes (MBA in CSR and NGO-Management and MBA in Start-up Development) must transfer the tuition fees, too.
- 15 December – 15 January for the respective summer term
- 15 June - 15 July for the respective winter term
Semester contribution for the winter semester 2023/24: 333.30 EUR
Recipient: Hochschule Bonn-Rhein-Sieg, University of Applied Sciences
IBAN: DE69 3705 0299 0033 000705
BIC: COKS DE 33
Bank: Kreissparkasse Köln
Reason of transfer: student ID number, family name, given name
You can query the current confirmation status in the SIS-login.
Please note that the re-registration is your responsibility!
Information on financial problems
If you find yourself in financial difficulties during your studies, you can obtain support from various sources. Please find the further information under related links.
Please note the following:
- Payment of the semester fees should only be made within the specified periods. It is not the transfer date that counts, but the date of receipt of payment here.
- The re-registration for the paid semester also only takes place within the specified periods.
- If you make a deposit before the mentioned re-registration periods, you can see your current status in the SIS not before the re-registration period.
- The current semester contribution is not displayed until the start of the re-registration period.
- If you complete your studies up to and including 30.9.2023, you do not need to re-register for the winter semester 2023/24.
You will receive a reminder e-mail about the upcoming re-registration period before each re-registration process.
In the event of late payment of the semester contribution or the tuition fees, an administrative fee of 20 EUR is due for late re-registration.
If the fees have not been paid by the end of the re-registration period, you will be removed from the Students' Register. Nevertheless, you still have the opportunity to make up for your default by 28/29.02. for summer term and by 31.08. for winter term, in order that we can cancel your de-registration.
After theses dates no further re-registration is possible!
You can view your current re-registration status for the respective semester in the Student Information System (SIS) in the section "Registrar's Office" under "Re-registration". Here you can see, among other things, the semester fees amount, whether the fees have been received or whether re-registration blocks exist or whether the re-registration has already taken place.
For timely re-registration, all applications must be submitted by the re-registration deadline, including applications for leave of absence or exemption from contributions due to practical semester.
If anything is unclear, please contact the Registrar's Office. (link sends e-mail)
For re-register, please submit your applications for leave of absence as well as for a waiver of the semest ticket due to a practical term until the re-registration deadline.
We are unable to re-register you in cases of a blockage due to missing documents.
- When you enter your personal data online to get your semester ticket, please make sure that they are the same than the ones we have from you. Otherwise, you will not be able to get it. In order to download your semester ticket (VRS + NRW), please visit the website www.ots-nrw.de.
- Your study certificate is ready to print within your account at the Student Information System (SIS) at SIS-Login
With the de-registration, studies and membership at the Hochschule Bonn-Rhein-Sieg, University of Applied Sciences, are terminated.
This also means that the right to use the student ID card including the semester ticket expires. The student ID card must be returned to the Registrar's Office with de-registration.
Re-registration in case of starting a Master's programme
If you intend to take up a Master's programme for the coming semester, you should re-register to ensure a smooth transition. If all examination achievements of the final examination including the colloquium for the first degree are successfully completed in the first month of the beginning semester (by 30.09. or 31.03.), an application/enrolment for a Master's programme can still be made for the semester already begun in which the final examination including the colloquium took place. Nevertheless you must have applied for the Master’s programme by the application deadline.
In exceptional cases, the start of the Master's programme is also possible if the colloquium or the last examination is postponed until April 20 for admission in the summer semester or until October 20 for admission in the winter semester. However, the reasons for postponing the colloquium must not be attributable to the student. A corresponding certificate from the dean of the faculty must also be submitted.
Participation in examinations in the second examination period
You can take part in examinations in the second examination period (at the beginning of the new semester) without having re-registered for this semester (example: de-registration at the end of the winter semester on 28.02., participation in examinations in March is possible).
Reimbursement of the semester fee or mobility fee
A refund of the semester contribution or mobility contribution is possible under the following conditions:
- in the event of de-registration or cancellation of enrolment before lecture start;
- for exemption from contributions due to practical term outside NRW in the event of absence of more than 4 weeks - proof of the training institution/company is required for this.
- in case of exemption from contributions due to a leave of absence.
Please note that separate applications are required for de-registration or cancellation of enrolment and exemption from contributions due to practical term/internship outside NRW.
Applications for reimbursement and exemption from tuition fees must be submitted to the Registrar's Office before lecture start of the respective semester at the latest. The incoming post stamp at the Registrar's Office is decisive for compliance with the deadline. If the application for a refund of the mobility ticket is submitted after re-registration, the student ID card must always be presented to the Registrar's Office to check the VRS imprint. For your own safety, please contact the Registrar's Office.