Within the framework of the Bachelor's degree in International Business, it is possible to complete one or more study abroad semesters, e.g. at one of the partner universities of the department. During the study semester at a foreign university, students get the possibility to gain international experience and deal with relevant study topics at a foreign university. Students are provided with an extra so called "mobility window" for a stay abroad: students can complete the 5th, 6th and /or 7th semester at a foreign university.
In case that students complete the 5th semester abroad, they can replace the examinations of this semester by examinations at the foreign university.
During the 6th semester, students have the option to choose between an internship in Germany or abroad or a study abroad semester. They can choose lectures which do not repeat the content of the previous studies, but which are complementary to the content.
In case of a study abroad semester during the 7th semester, students can write their final thesis abroad and replace further examinations of the 7th semester by examinations at a foreign university.
The department has numerous partner universities in European and non-European countries. However, a study abroad semester is also possible at a non-partner university, if the study programme has been approved in advance by the department.
Study-specific regulations for a study abroad semester
The regulations concerning admission to study a semester abroad, the successful completion of a semester abroad and the recognition of the academic achievements at the foreign university are documented in the examination regulations of the International Business programme. Furthermore you can find more detailed information about the study abroad semester in LEA. Each semester the department offers an information session that covers all pertinent details that need to be considered.
The International Office of Hochschule Bonn-Rhein-Sieg, University of Applied Sciences, advises students who are planning a study abroad semester, e.g. with regard to possible scholarships or other funding programmes.
The Department of Management Sciences is currently partnering with the following 30 universities in the 20 different countries:
- Dublin Business School, Dublin / Ireland
- Cámarabilbao University Business School / Spain
- FH Wien der WKW University of Applied Sciences for Management and Communication, Vienna / Austria
- German Jordanian University, Amman / Jordan
- Hunan University, Changsha / China
- Institute of Technology Tralee / Ireland
- Institut Universitaire de Technologie Paris Descartes / France
- International Business School, Beijing Foreign Studies University / China
- Keele University, Keele / Great Britain
- Kyungpook National University, Daegu / South Korea
- National Taiwan University of Applied Sciences and Technology / Taiwan
- Regent's University London / Great Britain
- Riga Technical University / Latvia
- San Francisco State University / USA
- South-Eastern Finland University of Applied Sciences, Kouvala / Finland
- Tomas Bata University, Zlin / Czech Republic
- Universidad de Montevideo / Uruguay
- Università di Siena / Italy
- Universitat Autónoma de Barcelona / Spain
- Universitat de València / Spain
- Université de Poitiers, Poitiers / France
- University of California Riverside / USA
- University of the Sunshine Coast, Sippy Downs / Australia
- University of Cape Coast, Cape Coast / Ghana
- University of Mississippi, Oxford / USA
- University of Split / Croatia
- Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane / Australia
- University of New Brunswick, Fredericton & Saint John / Canada
- University of Westminster, London / Great Britain
- University of Economics, Varna / Bulgaria
- Victoria University, Melbourne / Australia
- Yalova University, Yalova / Turkey
- Zuyd University of Applied Sciences, Maastricht / Netherlands
More information about our partner universities and the application process can be found here.