- 30.8.-2.9.2019 - The FPGA Vision Remote Lab will be offline from Friday afternoon to Monday morning, due to maintenance of our university power system.
- 2.5.-3.7.2019 - The FPGA Vision Open Online Course will be offered for the first time. Please visit the project page for further information.
- 7.5.2019 - Video on generating test images with a DE10-Lite board.
- 9.-11.4.2019 - IEEE Educon conference in Dubai. Andrea Schwandt talks about development of our remote lab and helpful students' feedback.
- 15.3.2019 - Remote lab now uses https to have secure communication.
- 5.3.2019 - Meeting of Community Working Group „Remote-Labs in Germany“ at dghd-conference in Leipzig.
- 15.2.2019 - Winner of the GOLC Online Lab Award 2019, category remote.
- 21.-24.1.2019 - Andrea Schwandt presents the FPGA laboratory system at ASPDAC in Tokyo, Japan.
- 15.1.2019 - Meeting of Community Working Group „Remote-Labs in Germany“ at our university.
- 7.1.2019 - Information about using the lane detection code with Terasic FPGA boards in your lab: video and source code
- 20.12.2018 - We received a grant from our Vice-President for International Affairs to promote international cooperation of students with the remote lab
- 17.-18.12.2018 - Andrea Schwandt and Marco Winzker take part at the workshop of the Community Working Group „Remote-Labs in Germany“ in Dortmund.
- 3.12.2018 - Ukrainian subtitles available for lecture videos. Thanks to Serhii Ivanets, Chernihiv National University of Technology, Ukraine.
- 21.10.2018 - Half-day tutorial about signal processing with the FPGA remote-lab at IEEE SiPS in Cape Town, South Africa.
- 27.9.2018 - Winner of the International E-Learning Award 2018, Academic Division of the IELA.
- 25.9.2018 - Hochschulforum Digitalisierung announced funding of the Community Working Group „Remote-Labs in Germany“. We are part of the consortium.
- 24.-25.9.2018 - "Shaping the Digital Turn" of the Hochschulforum Digitalisierung in Berlin: Barcamp-Session about the Remote-Lab-Lecture on Tuesday.
- 16.8.2018 - Graphics from the video lectures are available in a gallery.
- 11.6.2018 - We moved both FPGA systems to a server room. We now have climate control and room temperature is stable, independent of our local weather.
- 30.4.2018 - A second FPGA system with a Cyclone IV is available. You can now compare power consumption for different CMOS technologies.
- 17.-20.4.2018 - IEEE Educon conference: Shatha AbuShanab and Andrea Schwandt participate with a paper in the conference in Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain.
- 3.4.2018 - We release a major upgrade of the remote-lab: You can upload your own image for processing and operate the switches of the FPGA board.
- 21.-23.3.2018 - REV2018 conference: Shatha AbuShanab presents the project in Düsseldorf, Germany.
- 11.-14.3.2018 - IEEE Edunine conference: Marco Winzker presents the remote-lab in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- 12.3.2018 - Marco Winzker visits the Universidad Tecnológica Nacional in Buenos Aires, Argentina, and presents the remote-lab-lecture.
- 6.-9.3.2018 - Marco Winzker visits the Universidad Nacional de San Luis in Argentina, our partner in introducing the remote-lab-lecture.
- 26.1.2018 - We release power measurement for the FPGA.
- 9.1.2018 - The remote-lab is online.
- 4.1.2018 - The video lectures are available on our YouTube channel.
- 7.12.2017 - IEEE ICECS conference: Andrea Schwandt presents the remote-lab hardware in Batumi, Georgia.
- 25.-28.4.2017 - IEEE Educon conference: Marco Winzker talks about low power digital design in Athens, Greece.
- 7.3.2017 - Marco Winzker presents the concept for the remote lab at the workshop "E-Learning in den Ingenieurwissenschaften" in Aachen.
- January 2017 - Marco Winzker is granted a Fellowship of the Ministry for Science of North Rhine-Westphalia and the Stifterverband to develop the FPGA Vision Remote Lab.
About the FPGA Vision Remote Lab
The remote-lab is a project of Hochschule Bonn-Rhein-Sieg.
24/7 availability due to independent systems at different locations; will be released second half of 2019.
We provide long-time availability. We use the system for our local lectures and perform regular maintenance. If you plan to use our remote-lab for your lecture you can contact us. As a minimum the remote-lab will be available until 2023.