- 15.4.-15.6.2020 - The next FPGA Vision Open Online Course is offered.
- 27.3.2020 - We have doubled our capacity for the Cyclone V FPGA, two experiments instead of one. And we have reduced time for experiments to allow more users. We will monitor usage and keep adapting the system.
- 12.3.2020 - Covid-19, Corona-Virus will lead to a shift towards eLearning. We currently increase the capacity of the remote-lab to enable more users. For the next days, the system might be offline for short periods of time, due to reconfiguration.
- 11.-13.3.2020 - Poster at Jahrestagung der Deutschen Gesellschaft für Hochschuldidaktik (dghd), Berlin, Germany.
- 10.3.2020 - Meeting of Community Working Group „Remote-Labs in Germany“ in Berlin, Germany.
- 26.-28.2.2020 - Presentation at REV2020, Remote Engineering and Virtual Instrumentation, Athens, Georgia, USA.
- 25.2.2020 - LabsLand community event, Athens, Georgia, USA.
- 30.1.2020 - Marco Winzker participates at meeting of digi-Fellows North Rhine-Westphalia in Bonn, Germany.
- 10.1.2020 - New lectures about an FIR filter on an FPGA released: Video, Source code
- 9.-10.12.2019 - Participation at “Strategies Beyond Borders", Hochschulforum Digitalisierung, Berlin, Germany.
- 27.-29.11.2019 - We offer a tutorial at the IEEE International Conference on Electronics Circuits and Systems, Genova, Italy.
- 19.11.2019 - Andrea Schwandt visits Universidad Technológica Nacional, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- 18.11.2019 - Source files moved to GitHub. Alternative download still available.
- 7.-15.11.2019 - Workshop on setting up and managing remote labs at UNSL, San Luis, Argentina by Andrea Schwandt.
- 23.-25.10.2019 - Marco Winzker participates at IEEE Learning with MOOCS 2019 in Milwaukee, USA.
- 22.10.2019 - Meeting of Community Working Group „Remote-Labs in Germany“ at our campus.
- 21.10.2019 - HFDcon in Bonn, Germany. We have a poster with the Community Working Group „Remote-Labs in Germany“.
- 16.-19.10.2019 - We present evaluation concept and results for our remote lab in a paper at IEEE Frontiers in Education Conference in Cincinnati, USA.
- 30.9.2019 - Pablo Orduña from Labsland visits our University and the remote lab.
- 12.-13.9.2019 - HRK Nexus "Digitaler Wandel in Studium und Lehre" in Kaiserslautern, Germany. Andrea Schwandt and Marco Winzker participate and we present the remote lab.
- 6.9.2019 - elearn.nrw in Essen, Germany: Marco Winzker has a lightning talk and poster about the project.
- 30.8.-2.9.2019 - The Remote Lab was offline, due to maintenance of our university power system.
- 2.5.-3.7.2019 - The FPGA Vision Open Online Course is held for the first time.
- 7.5.2019 - Video on generating test images with a DE10-Lite board.
- 9.-11.4.2019 - IEEE Educon conference in Dubai. Andrea Schwandt talks about development of our remote lab and helpful students' feedback.
- 15.3.2019 - Remote lab now uses https to have secure communication.
- 5.3.2019 - Meeting of Community Working Group „Remote-Labs in Germany“ at dghd-conference in Leipzig.
- 15.2.2019 - Winner of the GOLC Online Lab Award 2019, category remote.
- 21.-24.1.2019 - Andrea Schwandt presents the FPGA laboratory system at ASPDAC in Tokyo, Japan.
- 15.1.2019 - Meeting of Community Working Group „Remote-Labs in Germany“ at our university.
- 7.1.2019 - Information about using the lane detection code with Terasic FPGA boards in your lab: video and source code
- 20.12.2018 - We received a grant from our Vice-President for International Affairs to promote international cooperation of students with the remote lab
- 17.-18.12.2018 - Andrea Schwandt and Marco Winzker take part at the workshop of the Community Working Group „Remote-Labs in Germany“ in Dortmund.
- 3.12.2018 - Ukrainian subtitles available for lecture videos. Thanks to Serhii Ivanets, Chernihiv National University of Technology, Ukraine.
- 21.10.2018 - Half-day tutorial about signal processing with the FPGA remote-lab at IEEE SiPS in Cape Town, South Africa.
- 27.9.2018 - Winner of the International E-Learning Award 2018, Academic Division of the IELA.
- 25.9.2018 - Hochschulforum Digitalisierung announced funding of the Community Working Group „Remote-Labs in Germany“. We are part of the consortium.
- 24.-25.9.2018 - "Shaping the Digital Turn" of the Hochschulforum Digitalisierung in Berlin: Barcamp-Session about the Remote-Lab-Lecture on Tuesday.
- 16.8.2018 - Graphics from the video lectures are available in a gallery.
- 11.6.2018 - We moved both FPGA systems to a server room. We now have climate control and room temperature is stable, independent of our local weather.
- 30.4.2018 - A second FPGA system with a Cyclone IV is available. You can now compare power consumption for different CMOS technologies.
- 17.-20.4.2018 - IEEE Educon conference: Shatha AbuShanab and Andrea Schwandt participate with a paper in the conference in Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain.
- 3.4.2018 - We release a major upgrade of the remote-lab: You can upload your own image for processing and operate the switches of the FPGA board.
- 21.-23.3.2018 - REV2018 conference: Shatha AbuShanab presents the project in Düsseldorf, Germany.
- 11.-14.3.2018 - IEEE Edunine conference: Marco Winzker presents the remote-lab in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- 12.3.2018 - Marco Winzker visits the Universidad Tecnológica Nacional in Buenos Aires, Argentina, and presents the remote-lab-lecture.
- 6.-9.3.2018 - Marco Winzker visits the Universidad Nacional de San Luis in Argentina, our partner in introducing the remote-lab-lecture.
- 26.1.2018 - We release power measurement for the FPGA.
- 9.1.2018 - The remote-lab is online.
- 4.1.2018 - The video lectures are available on our YouTube channel.
- 7.12.2017 - IEEE ICECS conference: Andrea Schwandt presents the remote-lab hardware in Batumi, Georgia.
- 25.-28.4.2017 - IEEE Educon conference: Marco Winzker talks about low power digital design in Athens, Greece.
- 7.3.2017 - Marco Winzker presents the concept for the remote lab at the workshop "E-Learning in den Ingenieurwissenschaften" in Aachen.
- January 2017 - Marco Winzker is granted a Fellowship of the Ministry for Science of North Rhine-Westphalia and the Stifterverband to develop the FPGA Vision Remote Lab.
About the FPGA Vision Remote Lab
The remote-lab is a project of Hochschule Bonn-Rhein-Sieg.
24/7 availability. Independent systems at different locations are planned.
We provide long-time availability. We use the system for our local lectures and perform regular maintenance. If you plan to use our remote-lab for your lecture you can contact us. As a minimum the remote-lab will be available until 2023.