Application Process - M.Sc. Social Protection
1. Application Portal
Interested applicants should first fill in the online application form which will be made available via our online application portal.
They will be asked to provide the following documents:
- A motivation letter
- A recent CV in table form
- Copies of previous degrees and transcripts
- Proof of work experience in a field related to social protection.
- Proof of proficiency in English.
- Research Proposal (See link below under "Documents")
2. Informal Offer of Admission
After the application deadline, the student secretariat will inform applicants in a timely manner about the next steps. Successful applicants will receive an informal offer of admission.
To obtain a formal offer of admission, successful applicants are required to send in certified copies of the original supporting documents by mail within two weeks after receiving the informal offer of admission.
3. Additional Information on Supporting Documents
- Motivation letter: Max. 2 pages. Explain why you want to complete a Master in the field of Social Protection, how it fits into your career objectives and what kind of experiences you already have within this field. Please be as concrete as possible and provide clear examples demonstrating your point.
- Recent CV in table form
- Copies of previous degrees and transcripts: if the language of those documents is neither English nor German, please provide verified translations)
- Proof of work experience in a field related to social protection. We require a letter signed by your employer detailing the a) exact dates of your employment b) the number of hours worked weekly c) your job title, specific duties, as well as a paragraph on the organization or company explaining its field of work, mission statement, etc. The letter should bear an official stamp and include the official contact details of your immediate supervisor (work phone number and work email). If you worked for an international organization, please include the reference number.
- Proof of proficiency in English (an official certificate proving at least a C1 level according to the common European framework of reference for languages certified by one of the following tests https://www.h-brs.de/files/english_test_equivalents_v8.pdf, or an official letter from your previous university confirming that your previous studies were conducted in the English language).
Research Proposal: Applicants will be asked to submit a research proposal. The template can be found at the bottom. Please make sure to add your family name in the file name.
The Research Proposal is designed to be completed within 2 hours. After you finish, please upload it to the application portal before the end of the application deadline.
- Copy of passport (incl. flipside)
4. Definitive Offer of Admission
After the deadline, the student secretariat will inform applicants in a timely manner about the next steps. For a definitive offer of a place of study, successful applicants are required to send in certified copies of the original degrees and certifications.
The online application portal for the following winter semester will open on January 15, 2023 and will close on March 31, 2023, if student visa is required, or May 31, 2023, if no student visa is required.